Print Current Record Only

How can I print the current record only using QR 3/Delphi 4 C/S?  The report
is based off of a query that has Request Live set to true..  When I try to
set a filter on the query, nothing happens.  Isn't there a way for QR to do
this?

--
Jay Jackson
New Dimensions Consulting

Re:Print Current Record Only

Jay,

  Setting a filter on the TQuery is probably the easiest way to do this.  When
setting a filter keep this order of operations in mind:

 1.  Set the filter property of the TQuery to a valid filter first.
 2.  Set the Filtered property to true.
 3.  (optional) You may want to set the FilterOptions depending upon your filter
criteria.

  You could also create a special parameterized TQuery for reporting purposes
and then set the parameter to be the current key value before
previewing/printing the report.  One thing to keep in mind in either situation:
Make sure the dataset property of the TQuickRep is set to the correct dataset,
otherwise your filtering will go to waste. :)

Hope that helps,
James.

Jay Jackson wrote:
> How can I print the current record only using QR 3/Delphi 4 C/S?  The report
> is based off of a query that has Request Live set to true..  When I try to
> set a filter on the query, nothing happens.  Isn't there a way for QR to do
> this?

> --
> Jay Jackson
> New Dimensions Consulting
> http://www.ndcorp.net
> Remove the No-Spam to email me.

--

James Getz
Inprise Corporation

All requests for support sent to my email address will be politely ignored.

Other Threads