MPEG Video - VCL

I'm after a free MPEG software player that can be used with Delphi
(VCL/DLL/MCI), also is there a flc/fli to MPG converter (software)?

A point in the right direction would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.
--
Michael Wilcox

Re:MPEG Video - VCL

SOFTPEG is a product which installs as a standard video codec, allowing
MPEGs to be played through the MediaPlayer (or TMediaPlayer control).  As
for converting flc/fli files to MPEG -- bad idea.  flc/fli files are
generally computer generated animation sequences, which convert *very*
badly to MPEG.  I've personally tried converting a series of computer
generated still frames (JPEG) to MPEG, and they look like horrible under
MPEG.  You're probably better off sticking with flc/fli.  There is an
flc/fli codec available from Autodesk (don't ask me where to get it) for
free, which will allow you to use the MediaPlayer...

--
David S. Becker
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)

Michael Wilcox <mwil...@economatics.co.uk> wrote in article
<6t3BIFAfw3YyE...@economatics.co.uk>...

> I'm after a free MPEG software player that can be used with Delphi
> (VCL/DLL/MCI), also is there a flc/fli to MPG converter (software)?

> A point in the right direction would be helpful.

> Thank you in advance.
> --
> Michael Wilcox

Other Threads