SQL command for db structure ?

Hi !

Does anybody knows if there is a way to get information about tables and
their properties
in a database using SQL ?

Thanks.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:SQL command for db structure ?

Hi Christian,
    I am not sure if you are looking for a ready made tool to do that or want
to do this in the code. If you are looking for a tool, check WinSQL on my web
site. http://www.summitdata.com/imranh and go to the "Free Software" section.
    If you want to use this function in Delphi, I think (I am not sure though)
you will have to use BDE API. I could not find any function in the VCL help
file that would do this.

Imran.

Christian Fagrell wrote:
> Hi !

> Does anybody knows if there is a way to get information about tables and
> their properties
> in a database using SQL ?

> Thanks.

Imran Hussain
MCP, MCSD
imr...@summitdata.com
http://www.summitdata.com/imranh

Re:SQL command for db structure ?

Usually it is something like SELECT * FROM SYstabLES
Read the Doc of your server.
Bernd.

Christian Fagrell schrieb in Nachricht <3561A6D0.3F857...@skm.se>...

>Hi !

>Does anybody knows if there is a way to get information about tables and
>their properties
>in a database using SQL ?

>Thanks.

Other Threads