Screen resolution X Delphi Forms

Hi!

That's easy: never create forms bigger than 640x480 and set these Form
properties: Scaled:=false, PrintScale:=psProportional.

cu,

        Timo

www.neveprise.de

Re:Screen resolution X Delphi Forms

Hello.

I am with some problems when I develop programs in my computer with 1024x768
and distribute it to other computer with different resolutions.

The forms are always bigger, the visual components are sometimes one over
other, the panels have captions that cut the begin and the end.

How do I solve this problem and create forms that looks the same at all
resolutions (small with hires, big with lowres)?

Thanks.

Eduardo Xavier

Re:Screen resolution X Delphi Forms

Almost certainly the odd effects are happening because your user has 'large
fonts' set up.
This affects the twipsperpixelX and Y values, or the screen DPI
You may have designed for 96dpi on screen, and been getting 144
Find the value on your machine, get the value on your user's, then scale the
components accordingly

Newwidth = widthonmy * theirdpi/mydpi

J.

Eduardo Xavier <exav...@nexsys.com.br> wrote in message

> Hello.

> I am with some problems when I develop programs in my computer with
1024x768
> and distribute it to other computer with different resolutions.

> The forms are always bigger, the visual components are sometimes one over
> other, the panels have captions that cut the begin and the end.

> How do I solve this problem and create forms that looks the same at all
> resolutions (small with hires, big with lowres)?

> Thanks.

> Eduardo Xavier

Re:Screen resolution X Delphi Forms

Hi!

Setting PrintScale to psProportional ignores DPI settings of the screen.

cu,

        Timo

www.neveprise.de

Other Threads