"Directory is busy" BDE/VCL error

I just started getting a new error message that strikes during start up
when my app executes a Session.IsAlias method: "Directory is busy". I
suspect it was caused by my setting a Session.PrivateDir value. The error
seems to occur sometimes when you are using DB explorer, or launch another
instance of the app.

But when I don't set that value, I get all kinds of Delxx.xx files (from
cached updates) appearing in my app directory, which I especially don't
want to be created on the server when the app is run over the network. When
I set the PrivateDir value, the files started appearing in the (temp)
directory I set. But now, it seems that setting that directory has caused
problems.

Any comments or suggestions?

(The problem occurs using both Interbase and MSSQL).

--
Brad Aisa     web archive: http://www.interlog.com/~baisa/
email (anti-spam encoded): baisa"AT SYMBOL"interlog.com

             HEY!!  NO!!  SERVITUDE MUST GO!!
               HEY!!  YES!!  EGOISM'S BEST!!

-- Brad Aisa, chanting loud enough to be heard at
President Clinton's Servitude Summit in Philadelphia