C++ Exception with Access Memo Field

Hi,

I see messages about this problem but no solution.
Anybody know anything about this.
Where is Team B ?

I get a message C++ Exception when I try to save more than 255
characters in a Memo field for an Access database. Is there a fix for
this or a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Billy B.

Re:C++ Exception with Access Memo Field

>I see messages about this problem but no solution.
>Anybody know anything about this.
>Where is Team B ?

I seen them too but don't have an answer.  No one has posted any reasonable
information on how to reproduce it and what version of Access,delphi and other
components they are using so it isn't worth while pursuing.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:C++ Exception with Access Memo Field

Ok, Brian,

Im using Delphi 5 SP 1, Access 97, DAO 3.5.
Im using TQuery with cached update. I have a memo field, and when i try
update this field with length > 255,
the error is raised when i try "ApplyUpdates".

Anythyng else ?

Thank you for attemption,

Billy.

Brian Bushay TeamB escreveu na mensagem ...

>>I see messages about this problem but no solution.
>>Anybody know anything about this.
>>Where is Team B ?

>I seen them too but don't have an answer.  No one has posted any reasonable
>information on how to reproduce it and what version of Access,delphi and
other
>components they are using so it isn't worth while pursuing.

>--
>Brian Bushay (TeamB)
>Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:C++ Exception with Access Memo Field

>Im using TQuery with cached update. I have a memo field, and when i try
>update this field with length > 255,
>the error is raised when i try "ApplyUpdates"

Set the Tquery Requestlive to true.  Do not use an UpdateSQL object or
onupdateRecord event

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:C++ Exception with Access Memo Field

The TQuery request live is true, I must use UpdateSQL and I not using
OnUpdateRecord.
I will try other ways.
It seems to be a Delphis bug.

Thank you very much.

Billy.

Brian Bushay TeamB escreveu na mensagem ...

>>Im using TQuery with cached update. I have a memo field, and when i try
>>update this field with length > 255,
>>the error is raised when i try "ApplyUpdates"

>Set the Tquery Requestlive to true.  Do not use an UpdateSQL object or
>onupdateRecord event

>--
>Brian Bushay (TeamB)
>Bbus...@NMPLS.com