Returning the column number in a word document

Hi all,
When adding text to a word document using the slow method (ie
WordApp.Selection.TypeText) instead of ranges, does anyone know how to
return the current column number?

Thank you for any help provided

Re:Returning the column number in a word document

<<Jerry:
return the current column number?

What would that be, exactly? A column in a table, or what?

Re:Returning the column number in a word document

Thank you for your response, Deborah.

I'm adding text out of a database query and the text is of variable length.
When all the text is added I would like to know where-abouts on the line I
am (Word calls it the column position). Is it possible to return this
position? I can always keep track of the length of the text before I insert
it, but I was wondering if there is a property that monitors this value.

Thanks,
Jerry

Other Threads