Paradox: How to fix 'corrupt Index'??

Hi!

An application was written using Delphi 2.0 and 'Paradox 5.0 for Windows' as
the database.

Recently, errors were encountered when users tried to insert data. The
program just hangs.

Using Database Desktop, I tried to empty the 3000 records in the table, and
half way through, I get the message 'record locked'. Sometimes I can
continue for a few more records by skipping that locked record,  but sooner
or later I will get the final error message 'Corrupt Index...' and all
records disappear from screen. When I open the table again, whatever records
that remained from the previous open were still there.

Question:
I read in one of the newsgroup messages that 'locked records' do happen in
Paradox. Is this a bug in Paradox? Is that a patch for this bug??
What kind of fixes can be done to rescue the table? (I suppose I should try
the 'Copy' utility in Database Desktop?)
What can be the other possible reasons that caused the table(index?)
corrupt, besides Paradox being unstable(if it is), reasons like PC hardware,
other software on the PC etc??

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
T C Ng
(mailto:t...@yas.com.sg)

Re:Paradox: How to fix 'corrupt Index'??

m...@sepcoinc.com

Ng TC wrote in message <718l0e$90...@newton2.pacific.net.sg>...
>Hi!

>An application was written using Delphi 2.0 and 'Paradox 5.0 for Windows'
as
>the database.

>Recently, errors were encountered when users tried to insert data. The
>program just hangs.

>Using Database Desktop, I tried to empty the 3000 records in the table, and
>half way through, I get the message 'record locked'. Sometimes I can
>continue for a few more records by skipping that locked record,  but sooner
>or later I will get the final error message 'Corrupt Index...' and all
>records disappear from screen. When I open the table again, whatever
records
>that remained from the previous open were still there.

>Question:
>I read in one of the newsgroup messages that 'locked records' do happen in
>Paradox. Is this a bug in Paradox? Is that a patch for this bug??
>What kind of fixes can be done to rescue the table? (I suppose I should try
>the 'Copy' utility in Database Desktop?)
>What can be the other possible reasons that caused the table(index?)
>corrupt, besides Paradox being unstable(if it is), reasons like PC
hardware,
>other software on the PC etc??

>Thanks in advance!

>Regards,
>T C Ng
>(mailto:t...@yas.com.sg)

Use the Utility Repair corrupt database found inside of Paradox.
Unfortunately this is not found in the database desktop that comes with
Delphi.  You must have the actual Paradox program.

I have corrupted and fixed Dbases perhaps 100 times and it always works.

Marko
---------------
m...@sepcoinc.com

Marko (ma...@mtco.com) wrote:

: Use the Utility Repair corrupt database found inside of Paradox.
: Unfortunately this is not found in the database desktop that comes with
: Delphi.  You must have the actual Paradox program.

The TUtility files for repairing Paradox tables are a free
download from Inprise; make sure you get the version number
that matches your BDE version.  There are also a number of
freeware and shareware programs for Delphi users using
TUtility available at the various Delphi websites.
Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net

Re:Paradox: How to fix 'corrupt Index'??

LOOK AT THIS.
This is a demo which work only when delphi is running.
I tried it and i am going to buy it.
It did solve me your problem. The same.

Greetings TTutility Customers,

Congratulations on your purchase of the TUtility component set for Delphi
and C++ Builder, the single best way to manage Paradox table integrity.

If you are a first time user you should load up the *** TU_INT.HLP *** file
for installation instructions and documenation. You can also find
additional documentation on our web site at
                **********************************
                ********   www.o2a.com   *********
                **********************************
including a printable version of the above help file called TU_Words.doc

C++ Builder users, should know that the TUtility Paradox table repair
component set was originally developed with Borland's Delphi development
system. The code for the components and the demo applications included in
this archive are all Delphi developed. These components and applications
have been tested with C++Builder and should install, compile, and run with
no problems. We have include one C++ Builder sample project that is in
native C++.

If you have problems, help is available at supp...@o2a.com.

Out & About Productions
Product Management