TLISTBOX - Maximum number of items it can handle.

Can anyone tell me what's the maximum number of item a TlistBox can handle.

TString(TListBox.Items).Count  is an integer type.  An integer type is a
signed 32bit.

TListBox gives me error when I tried to  insert an item(stirng) when
Items.Count is greater than 3276.

tnx in advance.

ants

Re:TLISTBOX - Maximum number of items it can handle.

ants --

IN Win95, I believe that a listbox can only hold 32K of data.  In NT,
entries are limited only by system memory.

Nick Hodges
TeamB

Re:TLISTBOX - Maximum number of items it can handle.

Thank nick.

Is that limitation base on the operating system(Win95)?

ants

Nick Hodges (TeamB) <nojunkmail_nhod...@icss.net> wrote in article
<35ecc3af.602603...@forums.borland.com>...

> ants --

> IN Win95, I believe that a listbox can only hold 32K of data.  In NT,
> entries are limited only by system memory.

> Nick Hodges
> TeamB

Re:TLISTBOX - Maximum number of items it can handle.

Anthony:

Yes.

--
Regards
Ralph (TeamB)

Anthony Servito wrote in message <01bdd76c$02e2cde0$110422c8@ants>...

|Is that limitation base on the operating system(Win95)?

Re:TLISTBOX - Maximum number of items it can handle.

Anthony --

>Is that limitation base on the operating system(Win95)?

Yes, it sure is.  Windows NT has no such limitation.

Nick Hodges
TeamB

Other Threads