Application locks when calling outprocess com object

Hi,

I have an COM object in an executable which handles debug messages, I call
the object with calls like
object.Debugmessage(message); etcetera.

That works fine when used from a simple test executable. However when I call
it from my application (when I do CoObject.Create) it waits until the COM
exe is quitted (I have to say yes to the question about loosing connection).

When pausing the calling exe it turns out it is looping in the ntddl in the
waitforsingleobject function, so it is waiting for the COM exe to do
something, but what? (at least for stopping execution)

The calling executable has already loaded several in proces COM objects
(they are plugins).

Shoeld I create my own thread to do this, or are there other ways to fix
this?

Martijn van der Kooij

Re:Application locks when calling outprocess com object

Not sure what you mean. When you call CoFoo.Create, the server is
terminating? How do I duplicate that?

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"Martijn van der Kooij" <mkgal_2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I have an COM object in an executable which handles debug messages, I call
> the object with calls like
> object.Debugmessage(message); etcetera.

> That works fine when used from a simple test executable. However when I
call
> it from my application (when I do CoObject.Create) it waits until the COM
> exe is quitted (I have to say yes to the question about loosing

connection).

Re:Application locks when calling outprocess com object

I have to terminate the server myself before the client is continuing.

"Binh Ly" <b...@castle.net> wrote in message news:3bba6729_1@dnews...
> Not sure what you mean. When you call CoFoo.Create, the server is
> terminating? How do I duplicate that?

> --
> have fun
> Binh Ly
> http://www.techvanguards.com

> "Martijn van der Kooij" <mkgal_2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I have an COM object in an executable which handles debug messages, I
call
> > the object with calls like
> > object.Debugmessage(message); etcetera.

> > That works fine when used from a simple test executable. However when I
> call
> > it from my application (when I do CoObject.Create) it waits until the
COM
> > exe is quitted (I have to say yes to the question about loosing
> connection).

Other Threads