MS SQL7: Table containing passwords, any protection?

Hi all,

I want to protect a table from the user view in a MS SQL7 database.

 The table contain passwords and reserved data for users.

Any ideas anyone?!

Re:MS SQL7: Table containing passwords, any protection?

Don't grant the users access rights to the table.  If each user has his/her
own login to the database, then the administrator will grant access rights
when the user is set up and and specifically deny a user rights to a given
table.  If all users are using the same login to the database, don't give
that login access rights to the table and you'll need to create another
"user" in the database who does have access to the table.  In Delphi, it
means that you'll need a separate TDatabase to connect to the secured table
with the id and password that has the access to the table (can all be done
in code - transparent to the users).

-Dell

"Pedro I." <p...@ctv.es> wrote in message

> Hi all,

> I want to protect a table from the user view in a MS SQL7 database.

>  The table contain passwords and reserved data for users.

> Any ideas anyone?!

Re:MS SQL7: Table containing passwords, any protection?

I assume you want to let users see some columns of the table but not all of
them.

If that is true, try using VIEW and grant them permission to the view only.

HTH,
-Tommy Fung <8-)
MailTo:Tommy_F...@acm.org

Pedro I. <p...@ctv.es> wrote in message

> Hi all,

> I want to protect a table from the user view in a MS SQL7 database.

>  The table contain passwords and reserved data for users.

> Any ideas anyone?!

Other Threads