Delphi 3+2+ CPP-Builder simultanously

Hi !=20
=20
I have just bought C++Buider and Delphi3.0 in addition to my "old"=20
Delphi 2.00.=20
=20
How can I install them on one PC so that all three programms=20
work, so I can work on my old Delphi2.00 progs too.=20
(I think there might be some conflict with the BDE, because =20
Delphi 2.0 uses BDE2.00, C++Builder uses BDE2.5 and =20
Delphi3.0 uses BDE4.00.)=20
=20
What do I do with my third-party Components that are based=20
upon the Delphi2.0-Datasets ??=20
=20
Ciao. thomas.=20
=20
PLEASE answer to: schmi...@magnet.at=20

Re:Delphi 3+2+ CPP-Builder simultanously

I have exactly this , as well as D1 installed under NT4 and W95. You need
to install them in the correct order, D1, D2, C++B and with D3, make sure
you install the BDE stuff in a different directory (mine is BDE 4). Mine
all works fine installed like this. If you have any on them already
installed, make sure you uninstall first.

HTH

--
Vincent Parrett
VSoft Technologies Pty Ltd

Thomas M. Schmickl <schmi...@magnet.at> wrote in article
<msg90171.thr-24f1685.4c4...@magnet.at>...
Hi !

I have just bought C++Buider and Delphi3.0 in addition to my "old"
Delphi 2.00.

How can I install them on one PC so that all three programms
work, so I can work on my old Delphi2.00 progs too.
(I think there might be some conflict with the BDE, because
Delphi 2.0 uses BDE2.00, C++Builder uses BDE2.5 and
Delphi3.0 uses BDE4.00.)

What do I do with my third-party Components that are based
upon the Delphi2.0-Datasets ??

Ciao. thomas.

PLEASE answer to: schmi...@magnet.at

Other Threads