Problems with my own registry keys in InstallShield

I am having problems in InstallShield Express for Delphi 3. By default
installshield installs several registry keys in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\my_company_name\my_program_name\my_program_version.

The trouble is I want to add some keys to this part of the registry too. The
trouble is I don't want to hard code it, and using <Company>\<Version> doesn't
work.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mike Booth

Re:Problems with my own registry keys in InstallShield

On 4 Apr 1998 12:29:31 GMT, mikebo...@aol.com (Mike Booth) wrote:

>I am having problems in InstallShield Express for Delphi 3. By default
>installshield installs several registry keys in
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\my_company_name\my_program_name\my_program_version.

>The trouble is I want to add some keys to this part of the registry too. The
>trouble is I don't want to hard code it, and using <Company>\<Version> doesn't
>work.

>Any ideas?

>Cheers,

>Mike Booth

I've only used the express version once or twice and cannot remember.
Does it come with the registry functions?  These would be
about 10 or some functions beginning with REGDBxxxx.  They are
easily used.  If not, I'd shell out in the middle of your install and
write the keys yourself using win32 api calls.

The extended registry funcations  are included with the full version
of IShield.

Other Threads