Long filenames (under Win95 and higher)

Hi everybody,

As I was looking for source code that allows accessing to the long
filenames under Win95 I found some code on the SWAG-pages. But what I
really need is a *simple* function/procedure that returns the long
filename for a DOS-filename.
Example: FileName:=LongFileName('THISIS~1');
         { FileName='This is a long file name.txt'; }
If it's possible, please answer directly to
me(Olaf.Uebersch...@t-online.de).

Thanks you in regard.

Olaf

Re:Long filenames (under Win95 and higher)

You can download source code for a complete LFN unit at
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbspec/dos70p20.zip
I believe that the GetLongPathName function in that unit will do what you
are wanting.
Olaf Uebersch?r wrote in message <6s9fha$e1...@news00.btx.dtag.de>...
>Hi everybody,

>As I was looking for source code that allows accessing to the long
>filenames under Win95 I found some code on the SWAG-pages. But what I
>really need is a *simple* function/procedure that returns the long
>filename for a DOS-filename.
>Example: FileName:=LongFileName('THISIS~1');
>         { FileName='This is a long file name.txt'; }
>If it's possible, please answer directly to
>me(Olaf.Uebersch...@t-online.de).

>Thanks you in regard.

>Olaf

Other Threads