CRASH in debug mode (not in design mode) / access to DB

HI,

I've tried to do a very simple application (one FORM with a Query, a
DataSource, a DBGrid and two buttons) with Delphi 1.X to access an Ingres
Database. To access the database I've installed ODBC and IngresNet.
The application is running on Windows 3.11 and the DB is on a VAX.

If I run the application in design mode (simply change the property
ACTIVE "FALSE -> TRUE" of the query component in the inspector window) it
works fine and I receive the information in the DBGrid.

BUT if I try to run it with the de{*word*81}, it give me a GPF (yiark)
"General Protection Fault" .... crash !

Do you have a hint, suggestion, information, comment, .... thanks

Marc

Re:CRASH in debug mode (not in design mode) / access to DB

Hi Marc,

I have in the past, with Delphi 1, had problems when single stepping
into a proc or function with crashing. After much sweat, I discovered
that if I closed the "watch window" things went ok. This of course
suggested that one of my watch varables was "bad". This has been
rare, but is certainly worth a try.

Luck,
Jim

telefilm.festiv...@lancite.net wrote:
> BUT if I try to run it with the de{*word*81}, it give me a GPF (yiark)
> "General Protection Fault" .... crash !

> Do you have a hint, suggestion, information, comment, .... thanks

> Marc

Other Threads