VBX Controls in Delphi 2

Is there a way to use VBX controls in Delphi? I can't find an example -
all the pointers in the help file go to OCX's - not VBXs. If Delphi 2 can
use 'em, what's the process to do so? Any help is apprecated.

Steve Manley - VE1SFM   | "Don't Panic."
sman...@eagle.uccb.ns.ca| http://eagle.uccb.ns.ca/steve/home.html
PGP Key @ Homepage      | PGP: CAD4CDC7EBE231B53BB449GFC159CD31

Re:VBX Controls in Delphi 2

Steve Manley wrote:

> Is there a way to use VBX controls in Delphi? I can't find an example -
> all the pointers in the help file go to OCX's - not VBXs. If Delphi 2 can
> use 'em, what's the process to do so? Any help is apprecated.

> --
> Steve Manley - VE1SFM   | "Don't Panic."
> sman...@eagle.uccb.ns.ca| http://eagle.uccb.ns.ca/steve/home.html
> PGP Key @ Homepage      | PGP: CAD4CDC7EBE231B53BB449GFC159CD31

VBX controls are not supported in Delphi2. Don't blame Borland. MS wants
you to use OCX and is not directly supporting VBX.
Why would you want to use VBX with Delphi? Just curious!

Tony

Re:VBX Controls in Delphi 2

If you want to use VBXs you've got to use Delphi 1.0,

The only 32bit Development Environment/Language
that supports VBXs is Borland's C++ 5.01.  However,
I don't believe the new Borland C++ Builder supports
VBXs only OCXs.

- Paul

Anthony Costanza <cost...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<32F7FDC5.2...@ix.netcom.com>...

> Steve Manley wrote:

> > Is there a way to use VBX controls in Delphi? I can't find an example -
> > all the pointers in the help file go to OCX's - not VBXs. If Delphi 2
can
> > use 'em, what's the process to do so? Any help is apprecated.

> > --
> > Steve Manley - VE1SFM   | "Don't Panic."
> > sman...@eagle.uccb.ns.ca| http://eagle.uccb.ns.ca/steve/home.html
> > PGP Key @ Homepage      | PGP: CAD4CDC7EBE231B53BB449GFC159CD31

> VBX controls are not supported in Delphi2. Don't blame Borland. MS wants
> you to use OCX and is not directly supporting VBX.
> Why would you want to use VBX with Delphi? Just curious!

> Tony

Other Threads