Accessing QuickCam USB

Hello,

does anyone know how to access a USB Logitech QuickCam? I would like to grab
images from within Delphi.

Re:Accessing QuickCam USB

The search is disabled ?

Do you have a more specific category within the Super Pages please.

Thanks

Harry

<gerha...@intellidata.de>
> wrote:

> :Hello,
> :
> :does anyone know how to access a USB Logitech QuickCam? I would like to
grab
> :images from within Delphi.
> :

Re:Accessing QuickCam USB

Ignore last post - local server had search stopped, but search worked at
main site.

Is it possible to control the camera, take photo and analyse it, all from
Delphi prog ?

Cheers

Harry

Harry <h...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

> steve <rab...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Do a search on the Delphi Super Page for CAPMCI - should do the job.

> > On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:57:36 +0200, "Jens Mander"
> <gerha...@intellidata.de>
> > wrote:

> > :Hello,
> > :
> > :does anyone know how to access a USB Logitech QuickCam? I would like to
> grab
> > :images from within Delphi.
> > :

Re:Accessing QuickCam USB

that's it.

steve <rab...@yahoo.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
37e9b1a2.8264...@news.f9.net.uk...

> Do a search on the Delphi Super Page for CAPMCI - should do the job.

> On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:57:36 +0200, "Jens Mander"

<gerha...@intellidata.de>
> wrote:

> :Hello,
> :
> :does anyone know how to access a USB Logitech QuickCam? I would like to
grab
> :images from within Delphi.
> :

Re:Accessing QuickCam USB

"Harry" <h...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

>Is it possible to control the camera, take photo and analyse it, all from
>Delphi prog ?

Depends on what you mean by "control the camera".

Using the Video For Windows capture stuff (AVICAP in VFW.H -- several folks
have converted this to Delphi), you can capture a frame at a time, or do
streaming capture.  In both instances, you get back a bitmap, which you are
free to process to your hearts content.

However, there is no standard API for doing things like adjusting focus,
brightness, exposure time, pan/zoom and so on.  Each camera vendor does
this in a slightly different way.

Alternatively, if you're on NT or Win98, you might be able to use
DirectShow to do the capture.  I have not seen this done from Delphi, but
since DirectShow is just COM, it should be possible.  In that case, the API
allows the driver writer to expose properties beyond the standard set;
camera adjustments will often be exposed that way.
--
- Tim Roberts, t...@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Re:Accessing QuickCam USB

Tim Roberts <t...@probo.com> wrote in message

> "Harry" <h...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> >Is it possible to control the camera, take photo and analyse it, all from
> >Delphi prog ?

> Depends on what you mean by "control the camera".

> Using the Video For Windows capture stuff (AVICAP in VFW.H -- several
folks
> have converted this to Delphi), you can capture a frame at a time, or do
> streaming capture.  In both instances, you get back a bitmap, which you
are
> free to process to your hearts content.

Thanks, this is what I want

Cheers