"Invalid Parameter" when opening DBase Files

We have several applications that have suddenly stopped working.
These application call dbase files (e.g. "Select * from filename")
and now display "Invalid Parameter" when we attempt to open them in
either the IDE or when running the application.

After much searching (through these newsgroups) I went to the BDE
Administrator and changed the global LEVEL from 7 to 5.  That fixed
the problems, but.....

Is there a way (using a TDatabase, or TQuery) to change the LEVEL to
5 for these programs without changing the global value, and disabling
our ability to use dbase 7

Thanks in advance.

dthom...@ci.rochester.mn.us
David Thomson

Re:"Invalid Parameter" when opening DBase Files

>Is there a way (using a TDatabase, or TQuery) to change the LEVEL to
>5 for these programs without changing the global value, and disabling
>our ability to use dbase 7

No.
If you are using Delphi 4 you can use the TableLevel property when creating a
new table with CreateTable but that is the only code override

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads