Insufficient disk space

Error "Insufficient disk space" appears when I run my application from a
CD ROM.  The program works as designed when running on a write protected
floppy or Zip drive.  The error occurs at the Open statement listed
below:

   qy : TQuery;

   qy.SQL.Clear;
   qy.SQL.Add('SELECT DBANAME FROM CARRDBA WHERE USDOTNUM = "' +
Carrier_ID_Number + '"');
   qy.Open;

The error only occurs if the "Carrier_ID_Number" already exist in the
Table CARRDBA.  The Table is a Paradox database table.
What is causing this error?

Thanks,
Bryan

Re:Insufficient disk space

Bryan Leavens wrote:

> Error "Insufficient disk space" appears when I run my application from a
> CD ROM.  The program works as designed when running on a write protected
> floppy or Zip drive.  The error occurs at the Open statement listed
> below:

I'll put my bet on these possibilities:

 -BDE's PrivateDirectory. Instead of CD, PrivateDirectory should be
  pointed to some writable drive

 -BDE/Paradox .LCK files can not be created on CD. There's some
  advice how to handle this, on some those Borland TI-files.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Insufficient disk space

Take a look at the various TIs on the subject of the BDE :

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti/

--

Alain Quesnel

P.S.: remove the [brackets] from my address when replying by e-mail.

Bryan Leavens <Bryan.Leav...@jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

> Error "Insufficient disk space" appears when I run my application from a
> CD ROM.  The program works as designed when running on a write protected
> floppy or Zip drive.  The error occurs at the Open statement listed
> below:

>    qy : TQuery;

>    qy.SQL.Clear;
>    qy.SQL.Add('SELECT DBANAME FROM CARRDBA WHERE USDOTNUM = "' +
> Carrier_ID_Number + '"');
>    qy.Open;

> The error only occurs if the "Carrier_ID_Number" already exist in the
> Table CARRDBA.  The Table is a Paradox database table.
> What is causing this error?

> Thanks,
> Bryan

Re:Insufficient disk space

Is your EXE also on the CD? If so, have you set the PrivateDir to the user's
local hard drive? Have you created the required directory lock files in the
directory that contains the tables?

Bill
--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Insufficient disk space

Setting the Private Directory field in the TQuery fixed the problem.
     qy.DBSession.PrivateDir := 'c:\LoadTemp2'

Thanks,
Bryan;