Paradox table - Increase field size for existing table

How do you increase the field size for an existing table that is used in a
Delphi
application.  I can perform this in database desktop, but then my
application
won't open.

Re:Paradox table - Increase field size for existing table

"Denis35" <Deni...@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:3ce938e4_1@dnews...
> How do you increase the field size for an existing table that is used in a
> Delphi
> application.  I can perform this in database desktop, but then my
> application won't open

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbidorestructure.html
Check out Example 3: Alter a field in a Paradox or dBASE table.

If you can not open your application after changing field size often it is
because you are using persistent fields.
Delete the field in the field editor and add it back in again.

Re:Paradox table - Increase field size for existing table

My guess is that you instantiated your field objects using the Fields
Editor in the Delphi IDE. If so, you need to open the field's editor,
select the field you changed and change its size in the object
inspector to match the new size in the database.

--
Bill (TeamB)