BDE Error 12033 Interface mismatch. Engine version different.

On a customer computer I have some problems in an application. It opens regularly, but just after it crashes and closes.
I suppose that it happens when it try to open a connection to some Paradox and DBase database.

My install shield load on the computer the application, written in Delphi 3 and the BDE, version 4.5. The computer is a NT workstation. On other's customers computer the same installation works.

I had written a simple test application in Delphi 5 to test database connection through BDE. On that customer computer it raises the following exception:

EDBEngineError
12033 Interface mismatch. Engine version different.

What kind of error is this? Could someone give me some advice how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Re:BDE Error 12033 Interface mismatch. Engine version different.

Delphi 5 applications require BDE 5.x or higher.

--
Bill

Re:BDE Error 12033 Interface mismatch. Engine version different.

I wonder if they installed something from Corel.

John Pierce

Other Threads