How can I display an animated gif?

Marcos

Re:Animated GIF

Use the free RX-Library.
Marcos Mendez wrote:
> How can I display an animated gif?

> Marcos

Re:Animated GIF

  Find a component that will do it, and pay UniSys a ton of money...   :(   --
Take a look at Delphi Super Page (use webcrawler) and you'll find several
components...  --  Unfortunately, UniSys has the patent on the compression for
Animaged GIF's, and they charge you for looking at them....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Marcos Mendez wrote in message <711o5n$6...@forums.borland.com>...

>How can I display an animated gif?

>Marcos

Re:Animated GIF

Hello,
I am interested in this as well. Where can I find the free RX-library?
damer...@usa.net
"E. I. SIMAY" wrote:
> Use the free RX-Library.

> Marcos Mendez wrote:

> > How can I display an animated gif?

> > Marcos

Re:Animated GIF

  Just becareful:  UniSys owns the copyright on the compression, and they WILL
go after people using any type of animated GIF, if they don't pay the user's
fee...  --  A company I used to work for was using 3 animated gif's on their web
sites, and UniSys asked us to pay $45,000 ($15,000 per site) for the animated
gif's....  --  Search DejaNews for UniSys and you'll find other posts like
this...

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Philippe Damerval <damer...@usa.net> wrote in message

>Hello,
>I am interested in this as well. Where can I find the free RX-library?
>damer...@usa.net

>"E. I. SIMAY" wrote:

>> Use the free RX-Library.

>> Marcos Mendez wrote:

>> > How can I display an animated gif?

>> > Marcos

Re:Animated GIF

Hey I was just curious, I am writing software that reads and writes GIFS, static and
animated, do I as the developer owe UNISYS anything ? What if I don't pay ? Does it
matter if the software is freeware ?
 Jim Crafton
Jason Wallace wrote:
>   Just becareful:  UniSys owns the copyright on the compression, and they WILL
> go after people using any type of animated GIF, if they don't pay the user's
> fee...  --  A company I used to work for was using 3 animated gif's on their web
> sites, and UniSys asked us to pay $45,000 ($15,000 per site) for the animated
> gif's....  --  Search DejaNews for UniSys and you'll find other posts like
> this...

> --
> Jason Wallace
> SL Software
> Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us
> --
> "We are Microsoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is Futile."
> --

> Philippe Damerval <damer...@usa.net> wrote in message
> >Hello,
> >I am interested in this as well. Where can I find the free RX-library?
> >damer...@usa.net

> >"E. I. SIMAY" wrote:

> >> Use the free RX-Library.

Re:Animated GIF

  You should be OK with GIF's, it's actually Animated GIF's that is the
problem....  --  I'd E-mail them and find out more...  (If you don't pay, does
the term 'legal action' hold any meaning?)    :)

  As for freeware, our website wasn't a 'pay site' of any type (just had
information on our products and company...)  --  We finally removed them after
this:

  The company I worked for, found out about the licensing, and after E-mailing
UniSys, they told us they wanted $15k per website, for the 9 to 12 animated
gif's we had on our three websites....   ---  This was because we were using
Animated GIF's, and they owned the compression rights...   (we paid for the
software to create them, but they still wanted money for us to use them....)  --
We removed them, and said 'ta hell with it...'

  Like I said, it's better to be safe then sorry....  E-mail them and see what
they say....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Jim Crafton <ddi...@one.net> wrote in message news:365311B2.C338FF8A@one.net...
>Hey I was just curious, I am writing software that reads and writes GIFS,
static and
>animated, do I as the developer owe UNISYS anything ? What if I don't pay ?
Does it
>matter if the software is freeware ?
> Jim Crafton

>Jason Wallace wrote:

>>   Just becareful:  UniSys owns the copyright on the compression, and they
WILL
>> go after people using any type of animated GIF, if they don't pay the user's
>> fee...  --  A company I used to work for was using 3 animated gif's on their
web
>> sites, and UniSys asked us to pay $45,000 ($15,000 per site) for the animated
>> gif's....  --  Search DejaNews for UniSys and you'll find other posts like
>> this...

>> --
>> Jason Wallace
>> SL Software
>> Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us
>> --
>> "We are Microsoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is Futile."
>> --

>> Philippe Damerval <damer...@usa.net> wrote in message
>> >Hello,
>> >I am interested in this as well. Where can I find the free RX-library?
>> >damer...@usa.net

Other Threads