Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

Hi,

in 8.00.xx I could download an attachment with

       strfileName:=
TIdAttachment(Msg.MessageParts.Items[intIndex]).FileName;
       strFilePath:= strMypath + strfileName;

TIdAttachment(Msg.MessageParts.Items[intIndex]).SaveToFile(strFilePath);

this does not work any longer. In fact I always find that FileName is an
empty string!
BTW: You may see this effect in the mailclient demo which does not display
the names of
attachments any more.

Regards
Uwe

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

Will look into it. When did you download it?

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

>BTW: You may see this effect in the mailclient demo which does not display
>the names of
>attachments any more.

Actually I can't see it. Is it with one particular email or all of them?
It's displaying the attachment names fine on my system. Do you have the
latest version? Last update I made to it was about 2 days ago (IIRC).

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

Hadi,

> Actually I can't see it. Is it with one particular email or all of them?

For every email that I checked
TIdAttachment(Msg.MessageParts.Items[intIndex]).FileName
was displayed as an empty string in the de{*word*81}. Of course it was preceeded
by a check

    if (Msg.MessageParts.Items[intIndex] is TIdAttachment).

> It's displaying the attachment names fine on my system. Do you have the
> latest version? Last update I made to it was about 2 days ago (IIRC).

I downloaded the beta on May 30th (file size is 3732585 B).

Uwe

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

> > It's displaying the attachment names fine on my system. Do you have the
> > latest version? Last update I made to it was about 2 days ago (IIRC).

> I downloaded the beta on May 30th (file size is 3732585 B).

i've found it necessary to keep up-to-date with the FTP site version. The
downloadable beta install isn't updated anywhere near as often. Follow the
link at http://www.nevrona.com/indy/download81.html under "Current
Development Files".

brian

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

> i've found it necessary to keep up-to-date with the FTP site version.

I could not find any kind of archive. Do I have to download all files.
As all files are related to each other I assume one cannot simply replace
individual files?

UweBarl...@netcologne.de (Uwe Barlage) wrote in <3b17b8fa_1@dnews>:

>> i've found it necessary to keep up-to-date with the FTP site version.

>I could not find any kind of archive. Do I have to download all files.
>As all files are related to each other I assume one cannot simply replace
>individual files?

I thought you were downloading from the FTP site. Just check the dates for
different versions and download the relevant files if you want to save
time.
Please let me know if the stuff in the FTP fixes your problem.

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

> I thought you were downloading from the FTP site. Just check the dates for
> different versions and download the relevant files if you want to save
> time.

OK. I'll respond after the weekend.

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

Hello Hadi,

i am having the same problem (blank filename) even with the most recent FTP
site files.
i get an error (error saving attachment) in the SaveToFile function of the
idMessage.pas
source code.  Please help.

Thanks,
Robby

"Hadi Hariri - Team Indy" <hadi...@pbe.com> wrote in message

> UweBarl...@netcologne.de (Uwe Barlage) wrote in <3b17b8fa_1@dnews>:

> >> i've found it necessary to keep up-to-date with the FTP site version.

> >I could not find any kind of archive. Do I have to download all files.
> >As all files are related to each other I assume one cannot simply replace
> >individual files?

> I thought you were downloading from the FTP site. Just check the dates for
> different versions and download the relevant files if you want to save
> time.
> Please let me know if the stuff in the FTP fixes your problem.

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

Can you re-send the original message to hadi-t...@pbe.com? Do not forward
it. If you can't re-send the original one, then send me the source of the
mssage.

Re:Indy 8.1 Beta Problems with TIdMessage while Downloading Attachments

Hello Hadi,
A test email (with attachments) has been sent.

Problem:
When i send from a D5/Indy/SMTP program and retrieve using a
D5/Indy/POP program the filenames appear blank.

When i send same files from Outlook and retrieve using a
D5/Indy/POP program the filenames are NOT blank.

When i send same files from a D5/Indy/SMTP program and
retrieve using Outlook the filenames are NOT blank.

TIA,

> Can you re-send the original message to hadi-t...@pbe.com? Do not forward
> it. If you can't re-send the original one, then send me the source of the
> mssage.

Other Threads