CD-ROM Database with Paradox

This has to do with the lock file, I believe. But I can't find the document
(if any) in the TI's or FAQ's that talks about this. Someone more familiar
with Paradox than I will have to step in and answer the question.

Amy Greer wrote:

> I have a set of paradox .db files I have burned to a CD-ROM. However,
> when I try to access the database I get several errors, pertaining to
> file not found, and permission denied. I have gathered that it is trying
> to write temporary files to the cd, and cannot. Does anyone know of a
> way to direct these temp files to another locaion.

> Thanks

| Juan E. Jimenez, San Juan, Puerto Rico, jjime...@caribe.net        |
| Building Bede Aircraft BD-5B Pocket Rocket, Serial #2544           |
| Visit Juan's BD-5 Home Page at http://netdial.caribe.net/~jjimenez |

Re:CD-ROM Database with Paradox

I have a set of paradox .db files I have burned to a CD-ROM. However,
when I try to access the database I get several errors, pertaining to
file not found, and permission denied. I have gathered that it is trying
to write temporary files to the cd, and cannot. Does anyone know of a
way to direct these temp files to another locaion.

Thanks

Re:CD-ROM Database with Paradox

  The relevant TI is TI3104.  I got this from a help file of all Delphi TIs
compiled 9/28/97 by Ken Hale at http://www.dcalcoda.com.

Paul Rice

Juan Jimenez (TeamB/DCG) wrote in message <34764F63.BA4EE...@caribe.net>...
>This has to do with the lock file, I believe. But I can't find the document
>(if any) in the TI's or FAQ's that talks about this. Someone more familiar
>with Paradox than I will have to step in and answer the question.

>Amy Greer wrote:

>> I have a set of paradox .db files I have burned to a CD-ROM. However,
>> when I try to access the database I get several errors, pertaining to
>> file not found, and permission denied. I have gathered that it is trying
>> to write temporary files to the cd, and cannot. Does anyone know of a
>> way to direct these temp files to another locaion.

>> Thanks

>--
>+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| Juan E. Jimenez, San Juan, Puerto Rico, jjime...@caribe.net        |
>| Building Bede Aircraft BD-5B Pocket Rocket, Serial #2544           |
>| Visit Juan's BD-5 Home Page at http://netdial.caribe.net/~jjimenez |
>+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

Re:CD-ROM Database with Paradox

I also have memo fields in the table. It seems that thememo fields write out
their own temp files. The message I get is:

"Invalid Parameter.
Unknown internal operating system error.
File d:\_qsq2.mb
Table d:\_qsq2.mb
File or directory does not exist.
File d:\_qsq2.db"

The qsq file ueses a unique name each time it is run. I trapped the qsq2 file
and included it. It they tried to create a qsq3 fiel and so on.

Any advice?

Paul Rice wrote:
>   The relevant TI is TI3104.  I got this from a help file of all Delphi TIs
> compiled 9/28/97 by Ken Hale at http://www.dcalcoda.com.

> Paul Rice

> Juan Jimenez (TeamB/DCG) wrote in message <34764F63.BA4EE...@caribe.net>...
> >This has to do with the lock file, I believe. But I can't find the document
> >(if any) in the TI's or FAQ's that talks about this. Someone more familiar
> >with Paradox than I will have to step in and answer the question.

> >Amy Greer wrote:

> >> I have a set of paradox .db files I have burned to a CD-ROM. However,
> >> when I try to access the database I get several errors, pertaining to
> >> file not found, and permission denied. I have gathered that it is trying
> >> to write temporary files to the cd, and cannot. Does anyone know of a
> >> way to direct these temp files to another locaion.

> >> Thanks

> >--
> >| Juan E. Jimenez, San Juan, Puerto Rico, jjime...@caribe.net        |
> >| Building Bede Aircraft BD-5B Pocket Rocket, Serial #2544           |
> >| Visit Juan's BD-5 Home Page at http://netdial.caribe.net/~jjimenez |

Other Threads