Runtime dataset, extract column names and field values

I want to locate a table at run time, extract its field
definitions and place them in a dbcomboitem list.

Not sure how to go about it - Should I use a runtime tQuery or
TTable (I am using local Paradox in D6). How do I extract the
field definitions?

Pat Bell

Re:Runtime dataset, extract column names and field values

Use a TTable and the FieldDefs property.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Runtime dataset, extract column names and field values

Oh yes, it works a treat - Delphi is still wonderful!

In article <uphkvu8823gq0c75t8vc7cjjtqt0gd4...@4ax.com>, Bill Todd
wrote:

> Use a TTable and the FieldDefs property.

> On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:08:54 GMT, P.S.Bell <p...@patbell.co.uk> wrote:

> >I want to locate a table at run time, extract its field
> >definitions and place them in a dbcomboitem list.

> >Not sure how to go about it - Should I use a runtime tQuery or
> >TTable (I am using local Paradox in D6). How do I extract the
> >field definitions?

> >Pat Bell

> --
> Bill (TeamB)