MD5 Encryption Algorithm anyone?

I realize this is a hairy issue, but does anyone have pascal code that
provides a 16-bit MD5 encryption of an input string?  I've looked
everywhere, and all I can find is C source code that uses functions that I
can't make any sense of (lot's of macro definitions and the like).  I've
even tried to figure out the RFC and the supplied C source code to no
avail.  If it's necessary, I'm sure I could come up with some cash for
complete source code.  If not, is there someone out there proficient enough
in Pascal and C for me to contract the translation of the C source code
that I have out to you (I can't imagine it would take more than an hour or
two for a good C programmer)?

Thanks in advance for any leads.

procedure ANoteOfAppreciation();
  const
    GURU='David Ullrich';

  begin

    ShowMessage('Many thanks to those of you who have provided timely info
in the Delphi newsgroups.  I've been a faithful Pascal/Delphi 1,2,3
programmer for several years now and I owe most of my marketable knowledge
(and my current source of income) to some of you.  (I should probably send
some cash to you, '+GURU+', for all of the info I've leached off of you for
the past couple of years -- you should let me buy you a BigMac and a Coke
sometime)');

David Matthews
Webmaster -- Internet Technology Systems
webmas...@itsnet.com

Re:MD5 Encryption Algorithm anyone?

David Matthews wrote:

> I realize this is a hairy issue, but does anyone have pascal code that
> provides a 16-bit MD5 encryption of an input string?  I've looked
> everywhere, and all I can find is C source code that uses functions
> that I
> can't make any sense of (lot's of macro definitions and the like).
> I've
> even tried to figure out the RFC and the supplied C source code to no
> avail.  If it's necessary, I'm sure I could come up with some cash for
> complete source code.  If not, is there someone out there proficient
> enough
> in Pascal and C for me to contract the translation of the C source
> code
> that I have out to you (I can't imagine it would take more than an
> hour or
> two for a good C programmer)?

There's an encryption library by CRYPTOCard out there. Last time I saw
it, it was at Torry's Delphi page, under "security".
http://carbohyd.siobc.ras.ru/torry/

It has Delphi components for Blowfish, DES, IDEA, RC4, RC5, and MD5. You
can encrypt/hash strings, arrays, and files. The new TQDB will have a
SHA (Secure Hashing Algorithm) implementation in it. If you'd like, mail
me and I'll send it to you. It's less versatile- it can only hash
array[0..19] of char types.

--
+--------------------------------+
|        The Messiah             |
+--------------------------------+
|   Remove the spam blockers     |
+--------------------------------+
|  Ou' sont les neiges d' antan  |
|         Villon                 |
+________________________________+
|    There is a man...           |
|   playing a violin...          |
|   and the strings...           |
| are the nerves in his own arm. |
| A twisted soul- the mortar...  |
|  despair- the bricks...        |
| to build a temple of sadness.  |
|  The Crow, J. O'Barr           |
+--------------------------------+

: "David Matthews" <hahah@hahah> wrote:

>I realize this is a hairy issue, but does anyone have pascal code that
>provides a 16-bit MD5 encryption of an input string?

http://www.cryptocard.com/ used to have some.

Recently there have been reports that the archive is no longer
available, so you may need to search for
     "cryptov1.zip"
using archie or one of the search engines on the 'net.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Other Threads