Delphi 1.0, NT 4.0, dbmssoc3.dll, SQL Server

I am getting a GPF in DBMSSOC3.DLL when disconnecting from MS SQL Server
using a TDATABASE component in Delphi 1.0 on Windows NT 4.0 sp3.  I have
tried all versions of DBMSSOC3.dll I could find.  Try it yourself.  I
used Delphi1.0 installed from the Delphi 3 CD.
Can anyone help me make this work?

Re:Delphi 1.0, NT 4.0, dbmssoc3.dll, SQL Server

I am using Delphi 1.0 (from the Delphi 3 CD), DBMSSOC3.DLL, on Windows 95
and I do not get this error.  I am not sure if I have tried this on an NT
box.  I will have to try tomorrow.

Michel

Richard Myers wrote:
> I am getting a GPF in DBMSSOC3.DLL when disconnecting from MS SQL Server
> using a TDATABASE component in Delphi 1.0 on Windows NT 4.0 sp3.  I have
> tried all versions of DBMSSOC3.dll I could find.  Try it yourself.  I
> used Delphi1.0 installed from the Delphi 3 CD.
> Can anyone help me make this work?

Re:Delphi 1.0, NT 4.0, dbmssoc3.dll, SQL Server

Hey, I read this message, and it is amazing.  I have encountered the
sameeee... problem.  I am too in the process of trying to find a solution
for it, so far unsuccessful.  Called Borland support, and but of course, no
solution from them (good old you should upgrade to newer versions).

Anyone out there that can help us?  Please?

Michel Santos wrote in message <34BEEBA9.A73E1...@manhattantech.com>...
>I am using Delphi 1.0 (from the Delphi 3 CD), DBMSSOC3.DLL, on Windows 95
>and I do not get this error.  I am not sure if I have tried this on an NT
>box.  I will have to try tomorrow.

>Michel

>Richard Myers wrote:

>> I am getting a GPF in DBMSSOC3.DLL when disconnecting from MS SQL Server
>> using a TDATABASE component in Delphi 1.0 on Windows NT 4.0 sp3.  I have
>> tried all versions of DBMSSOC3.dll I could find.  Try it yourself.  I
>> used Delphi1.0 installed from the Delphi 3 CD.
>> Can anyone help me make this work?

Re:Delphi 1.0, NT 4.0, dbmssoc3.dll, SQL Server

I, too, have encountered this problem.  I even opened an incident with MS SQL
Server support, but they didn't have an answer.  What I ended up doing was a
semi-lame workaround, but it works.  The workaround is to simply call
LoadLibrary to load DBMSSOC3.DLL (and possibly MSDBLIB3.DLL), and never call
FreeLibrary to unload it.  What this does is makes sure the DLLs stay resident,
so you avoid the GPF, which was occurring when the DLL was unloaded.  To make
it more generic, I added a section to my INI file called [LoadDLLs], so the
customer can load whichever DLLs they choose, as needed.  This has the added
benefit that they can specify the drive/directory for each DLL, in case they
don't want to add the MS SQL client to their Path.  Once each module is in
memory, calling LoadLibrary simply increments the usage count, rather than

Dan

Eran Ganot wrote:
> Hey, I read this message, and it is amazing.  I have encountered the
> sameeee... problem.  I am too in the process of trying to find a solution
> for it, so far unsuccessful.  Called Borland support, and but of course, no
> solution from them (good old you should upgrade to newer versions).

> Anyone out there that can help us?  Please?

> Michel Santos wrote in message <34BEEBA9.A73E1...@manhattantech.com>...
> >I am using Delphi 1.0 (from the Delphi 3 CD), DBMSSOC3.DLL, on Windows 95
> >and I do not get this error.  I am not sure if I have tried this on an NT
> >box.  I will have to try tomorrow.

> >Michel

> >Richard Myers wrote:

> >> I am getting a GPF in DBMSSOC3.DLL when disconnecting from MS SQL Server
> >> using a TDATABASE component in Delphi 1.0 on Windows NT 4.0 sp3.  I have
> >> tried all versions of DBMSSOC3.dll I could find.  Try it yourself.  I
> >> used Delphi1.0 installed from the Delphi 3 CD.
> >> Can anyone help me make this work?

Other Threads