Formatted Memo fields in Delphi 1.0

Howdy,

  I'm aware that the Database Desktop can't edit Formatted Memo fields.
However, the help for that says that the field can contain style
formatting and that Paradox can edit and view it.  Can Delphi's DBMemo
component display the memo with the style or only the text?  If it does
work with the Style, then I'll go and buy Paradox, otherwise, it'll be a
waste of money.

Any help would be great,
Craig Foley.

Re:Formatted Memo fields in Delphi 1.0

Craig Foley wrote:

> Howdy,

>   I'm aware that the Database Desktop can't edit Formatted Memo fields.
> However, the help for that says that the field can contain style
> formatting and that Paradox can edit and view it.  Can Delphi's DBMemo
> component display the memo with the style or only the text?  If it does
> work with the Style, then I'll go and buy Paradox, otherwise, it'll be a
> waste of money.

> Any help would be great,
> Craig Foley.

The DBMemo can't display the style of a paradox formatted memo field. In
fact, it display anything if the field is 'formatted memo'. You can only
view a simple memo field with this component.
It's the same problem with Delphi 2 and I'm aware about this.

This is a big problem for me too and I'm looking for a component dooing
that.

Thus, the only way to edit formatted Memo is with Paradox, but you can do
anything with this field in Delphi !
So ...

Thanks to anyone who give us a solution

Krishna Sivasoubramaniane