How do I use a Progress Bar / Status Bar

I would like to know how I can show a progress bar on screen and
update it properly.

Also, I know how to update text panels on the Status bar but I don't
know how to display update information opposite the panel labels. Any
help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Bill

Re:How do I use a Progress Bar / Status Bar

On Thu, 01 Aug 1996 22:38:56 GMT, arte...@ix.netcom.com (Bill Artemik)
wrote:

>I would like to know how I can show a progress bar on screen and
>update it properly.

If you are using the D2, you may have to use :

Application.ProcessMessages;

to properly update the progress bar.

>Also, I know how to update text panels on the Status bar but I don't
>know how to display update information opposite the panel labels. Any
>help is appreciated!

I am not sure what you mean here!

>Thanks!

>Bill

________________________
Scott Martin
Kvaerner FSSL, Inc.
smar...@firstnethou.com

smar...@firstnethou.com (Scott Martin) wrote:
>On Thu, 01 Aug 1996 22:38:56 GMT, arte...@ix.netcom.com (Bill Artemik)
>wrote:

>>I would like to know how I can show a progress bar on screen and
>>update it properly.

>If you are using the D2, you may have to use :

>Application.ProcessMessages;

>to properly update the progress bar.

This part I already know. What I want to do is put one on there and
code it to show how the procedure is progressing (to be honest, I just
dropped one on the form, couldn't figure it out, checked for
help...there was NONE, then deleted it.) I want to know how to code
it...

>>Also, I know how to update text panels on the Status bar but I don't
>>know how to display update information opposite the panel labels. Any
>>help is appreciated!

>I am not sure what you mean here!

I know how to get the panel to say [DATE:                    ] I want
to be able to get it to say [DATE:        08/01/96] or something like
that... I want to update the panels during runtime... like start off
with [Status:             ] and during processes, update it with
[Status          Processing...] or [Status                 Modified]
without having to constantly re-write the 'Status' part.

Thanks!
Bill

Re:How do I use a Progress Bar / Status Bar

arte...@ix.netcom.com (Bill Artemik) wrote:
>>>I would like to know how I can show a progress bar on screen and
>>>update it properly.
>This part I already know. What I want to do is put one on there and
>code it to show how the procedure is progressing (to be honest, I just
>dropped one on the form, couldn't figure it out, checked for
>help...there was NONE, then deleted it.) I want to know how to code
>it...

Depending on which status bar you're using, there should be a property
named 'Value', 'Progress', or something along those lines.  Just set
it and the status bar will update itself accordingly.  If the
component has MinValue and MaxValue properties as well, you can count
on it to calculate the percentage itself.  If not, it probably assumes
a 0-100 range, so you need to calculate the percentage before
assigning it to the bar's value.

>I know how to get the panel to say [DATE:                    ] I want
>to be able to get it to say [DATE:        08/01/96] or something like
>that... I want to update the panels during runtime... like start off
>with [Status:             ] and during processes, update it with
>[Status          Processing...] or [Status                 Modified]
>without having to constantly re-write the 'Status' part.

Personally, I'd do this by putting two TLabels on the status bar.  Set
the first one to say "Status" and then let it sit there without
further changes to its text.  Place the messages in the other.  This
also avoids any need to use spaces to position the text.

Other Threads