D3 OLE, Word 97 and Blob fields

In my current project I have to use Word 97 automation to create a new
document based on a specific template and insert in that document, at the
point of Bookmarks, different type of data generated through a set of
queries. Everything works fine if I work with the Data of String type . I
ran into a problem to insert data into the Word document if that data comes
from a formated memo field (BLOB).

Does anyone know how to handle this ?

Alex

Re:D3 OLE, Word 97 and Blob fields

It's difficult to get the formatting and text of a
paradox-formatted memo , it's a
specific Borland (Inprise) format, that they haven't
published.
If you only work with Delphi Apps an the Paradox Tables
 not with Paradox Clients ) ,
better use a binary or text-only Memo and store rtf-Text in
it. You can use the TRichEdit and
TDBRichEdit to work with the formatted data. You Word should
be able to accept rtf.

Bernd Ua

Alex Terekhov schrieb in Nachricht
<6o5jij$o...@forums.borland.com>...
|In my current project I have to use Word 97 automation to
create a new
|document based on a specific template and insert in that
document, at the
|point of Bookmarks, different type of data generated
through a set of
|queries. Everything works fine if I work with the Data of
String type . I
|ran into a problem to insert data into the Word document if
that data comes
|from a formated memo field (BLOB).
|
|Does anyone know how to handle this ?
|

|Alex