SMS and Delphi ?

Hi..

Where can I find source code, shareware or freeware component for
send SMS message from application with my modem ?

Please, replay to my e-mail address.

                                Zdravko Dokuzovic

Re:SMS and Delphi ?

Zdravko Dokuzovic wrote:

> Where can I find source code, shareware or freeware component for
> send SMS message from application with my modem ?

Here's one Delphi component to send SMS-messages.
http://www.djernaes.dk/martin/sms.html
It works through standard modem, sends the SMS-message to some
national SMS Service Center, which forwards it further to the
receiving GSM-phone.

But the new GSM-phones come also with built in modem. You can directly
connect the PC via cable to GSM-phone, then use standard Hayes
AT-commands to make the built in modem to dial to some modem, or
send the SMS-messages or anything.
This is more sophisticated (and cheaper) way to send SMS-messages,
without needing the Service Center link at all.

But I have not yet seen a Delphi component which would easily
handle this latter one. An easy way to send and receive SMS-messages
with direct cable link to GSM-phone.

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads