Pdox Tables and Passwords

Ok, Inprise really isn't any help on this.  I have an app that uses
Pdox tables with passwords.  I have another app that I am creating
that needs to use these same tables.  As I code the app, I want to
automate the table login as far as the passwords go.  Inprise and
thier tech docs. say to put the code at the form level and call the
Session.Addpassword method.  Well if your not usin a session then this
doesn't work.  I am not usin a session because it appears that you can
not have two sessions running on the same pdoxusers.net file.  Each
time I try and use a session with my second app, it comes back and
says directory is busy.  Well that really takes all of my options
away....  does anyone know how to get around this???  I really am at a
loss.

Thanks in advance....
Brian Huff
br...@tdcenergy.com

Re:Pdox Tables and Passwords

Brian Huff wrote in message <35ae1ca2.3601...@client.ce.news.psi.net>...
>Ok, Inprise really isn't any help on this.  I have an app that uses
>Pdox tables with passwords.  I have another app that I am creating
>that needs to use these same tables.  As I code the app, I want to
>automate the table login as far as the passwords go.  Inprise and
>thier tech docs. say to put the code at the form level and call the
>Session.Addpassword method.  Well if your not usin a session then this
>doesn't work.  I am not usin a session because it appears that you can
>not have two sessions running on the same pdoxusers.net file.  Each
>time I try and use a session with my second app, it comes back and
>says directory is busy.  Well that really takes all of my options
>away....  does anyone know how to get around this???  I really am at a
>loss.

An implied session in always created if you don't create your own. What
error are you getting when you are trying to use Session.AddPassword?

To fix the "directory is busy" error, set a different private directory in
the TSession then the default.

        -- Kirk

Other Threads