Corrupted index on Paradox files

Hi,

I use Delphi with Paradox data bases. Sometimes, when a computer get
rebooted, some Paradox files cannot be opened any more. The message is
"index not up to date" or similar. Do you know any tool or any way of
cleaning that and rebuilding the indexes. I usually manage to do it manually
by deleting some indexes and the try to add the records to a newly build
file, but it is a process that I cannot automate. I am wondering if there
are some tools available. I tried to see If there is a way in Delphi but
without success so far, as I even cannot open the corrupted file.

TIA

Re:Corrupted index on Paradox files

Take a look at the TUtility.DLL links on Borlands web site

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html

This DLL will allow you to repair damaged files and indexes.

--
Dave White
SpectraChrom Software

Jean-Marie GALLIOT <j...@info-internet.net> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I use Delphi with Paradox data bases. Sometimes, when a computer get
> rebooted, some Paradox files cannot be opened any more. The message is
> "index not up to date" or similar. Do you know any tool or any way of
> cleaning that and rebuilding the indexes. I usually manage to do it
manually
> by deleting some indexes and the try to add the records to a newly build
> file, but it is a process that I cannot automate. I am wondering if there
> are some tools available. I tried to see If there is a way in Delphi but
> without success so far, as I even cannot open the corrupted file.

> TIA

Re:Corrupted index on Paradox files

Setting Local Share to true in the BDE setup, even though the db is not
being shared, can help to reduce the impact of abnormal program
terminations. There is a performance penalty since writes to the database
are not cached, but I've always found it worth this price.

"Jean-Marie GALLIOT" <j...@info-internet.net> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I use Delphi with Paradox data bases. Sometimes, when a computer get
> rebooted, some Paradox files cannot be opened any more. The message is
> "index not up to date" or similar. Do you know any tool or any way of
> cleaning that and rebuilding the indexes. I usually manage to do it
manually
> by deleting some indexes and the try to add the records to a newly build
> file, but it is a process that I cannot automate. I am wondering if there
> are some tools available. I tried to see If there is a way in Delphi but
> without success so far, as I even cannot open the corrupted file.

> TIA

Re:Corrupted index on Paradox files

Hi

we use the Data Sentry from

http://www.logicprocess.com/

cheers

Ian

Jean-Marie GALLIOT wrote:
> Hi,

> I use Delphi with Paradox data bases. Sometimes, when a computer get
> rebooted, some Paradox files cannot be opened any more. The message is
> "index not up to date" or similar. Do you know any tool or any way of
> cleaning that and rebuilding the indexes. I usually manage to do it manually
> by deleting some indexes and the try to add the records to a newly build
> file, but it is a process that I cannot automate. I am wondering if there
> are some tools available. I tried to see If there is a way in Delphi but
> without success so far, as I even cannot open the corrupted file.

> TIA

Other Threads