Detecting browser - IE or NS?

1. Check the registry for Netscape Install Path

2. Don't know

--
Brian Slack LL.B., LL.M.
Digital Wired Limited
wrote in message news:3ae707c8$1_2@dnews...

> How can I detect whether IE or Netscape ae installed as the default web
> browser?

> Also, does anybody know of any docs to describe how a Delphi app might
open
> and use a Nertscape browser window via COM?

> TIA

> .... davout

Re:Detecting browser - IE or NS?

Unknown wrote:

> How can I detect whether IE or Netscape ae installed as the default web
> browser?

The safest thing would be to find out where either 'http' or '.htm'
point to in the registry:

  with TRegistry.Create do
  begin
    RootKey := HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT;
    OpenKey('/http/shell/open/command');
    DefaultBrowser := ReadString('');
    Free;

> Also, does anybody know of any docs to describe how a Delphi app might open
> and use a Ne(r)tscape browser window via COM?

Got me there... Had you asked via DDE...

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edok...@home.nl
   http://members.home.nl/edokter

Other Threads