execute excel macro without excel installed.

I'm having trouble with a little problem:

I've been building a little program that does little more than apply ranges
to excel files in order to use them from Internet as database.

To apply ranges, I do use an excel macro in an excel file.

Problem: one of the servers on wich the program must run doesn't have Excel
installed. Later, an other program using this same feature will be shipped
to many companies: they may have the same problems.

So, I know I won't be able to open an xls file without excel, but would it
be possible to run an excel macro without installing excel ? (maybe just
some DLL's and some registering...)

Thanks for help.

Bob

Re:execute excel macro without excel installed.

Thanks for your reply:
So if I can't run this macro I have 2 questions:
- how can I apply ranges to an excelworksheet without using Excel
- how can I convert a text file separated by periods(';') to an excel file.

Thanks for your valuable help.

Bob
"Deborah Pate (TeamB)" <d.p...@blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.uk> a crit dans
le message de news: VA.00001775.003fa__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z__@blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.uk...

> <<Bob Bedford:
> would it be possible to run an excel macro without
> installing excel ?

> No.

> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

>   TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs
>   Use the real Borland server: newsgroups.borland.com
>   http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Re:execute excel macro without excel installed.

<<Bob Bedford:
would it be possible to run an excel macro without
installing excel ?

No.

  TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs

Re:execute excel macro without excel installed.

<<Bob Bedford:
- how can I apply ranges to an excelworksheet without using
Excel
- how can I convert a text file separated by periods(';')
to an excel file.

I am not at all sure what you mean by 'apply ranges', but I
suppose you want to change a sheet in some way. That means
you need a control that can import and export Excel files.
Although the Excel file format is public, I don't think you
really want to write the code for this yourself - I think
there are a few thirdparty solutions, however. But your
life would be much easier if you just insisted on your
customers having Excel, I think. :)

Converting a text file into an Excel file is easy from
within Excel - you use the OpenText method - but otherwise
the best method might depend on what tool you're using, I
suppose. Or you could just convert the file to comma
separated text, which Excel will happily read.

  TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs