Good compression for BP

I am looking for a fast and good compression library which
can be used with BP 7.0 real and/or protected mode. I have currently
used PkWare's DCL, but it is a little to slow for my use, but the
compression is good. The perfect library has the same compression level,
but is 2-3 times faster. Hi/fn has one for C, but it is really
expensive, and interfaces only with ANSI-C.

Both commercial and free/shareware is of interest.

Ola

Re:Good compression for BP

Ola Presterud [mailto:o...@ifi.uio.no] decided to regale us with
>I am looking for a fast and good compression library which
>can be used with BP 7.0 real and/or protected mode. I have currently
>used PkWare's DCL, but it is a little to slow for my use, but the
>compression is good. The perfect library has the same compression level,
>but is 2-3 times faster. Hi/fn has one for C, but it is really
>expensive, and interfaces only with ANSI-C.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/

should be of interest.

<aside>
Dear African_Chief, do you mind if I add this to the Mini-FAQ ?
</aside>

--
Pedt

Re:Good compression for BP

Pedt Scragg wrote:
> >used PkWare's DCL, but it is a little to slow for my use, but the
> >compression is good. The perfect library has the same compression level,
> >but is 2-3 times faster. Hi/fn has one for C, but it is really

> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
> should be of interest.

Yes, but I find it much slower than PkWare DCL.

Ola

Other Threads