256 COLORS UNDER VGA

Hi everybody,

can anybody tell me how to get 256 colors under VGA using a resolution of
640x480?

Thanks,
Arnaud

Re:256 COLORS UNDER VGA

Arnaud Fietzke wrote:

> Hi everybody,

> can anybody tell me how to get 256 colors under VGA using a resolution of
> 640x480?

> Thanks,
> Arnaud

You can't. I believe 640x400 is as far as it goes. Of course I could very well
be wrong :-)
You should use modeX (unchained). There are several packages for that available
on the net. Look at demo-sites (www.hornet.org). I used one called COL256 (how
appropriate) which could handle several modes and was quite fast.

Good luck,

Remco

Re:256 COLORS UNDER VGA

You didn't say which OS or video mode you're shooting for. More info
tends to get better answers.

"Arnaud Fietzke" <da.fiet...@online.de> wrote:
>Hi everybody,

>can anybody tell me how to get 256 colors under VGA using a resolution of
>640x480?

>Thanks,
>Arnaud

-= AnimalAtMclvDotNet =-