MS SQL Server Driver Problem

I am attempting to connect to a MS SQL Server 6.5 database using the
Sybase/MSSQL driver(SQLD_SSC.DLL).  It fails to load this driver every
time.  SQLD_SSC.DLL seems to be looking for two other libraries -
WCTLIB.DLL and WCSLIB.DLL and I don't have them anywhere.  Are
these libraries necessary and if so, where can I find them?  I am
currently using ODBC but would love to get the native driver working.

Thanks.

Re:MS SQL Server Driver Problem

Hi Matto,

You wrote:
> I am attempting to connect to a MS SQL Server 6.5 database using the
> Sybase/MSSQL driver(SQLD_SSC.DLL).  It fails to load this driver every
> time.  SQLD_SSC.DLL seems to be looking for two other libraries -
> WCTLIB.DLL and WCSLIB.DLL and I don't have them anywhere.  Are
> these libraries necessary and if so, where can I find them?  I am
> currently using ODBC but would love to get the native driver working.

I'm just a little curious as to why you would want to get the native
driver working bearing in mind that Microsoft stated direction with
database connectivity is ODBC ... would it be for anticipated
performance reasons or simply for technical reasons??

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob McGillivray
Software Development Manager

Re:MS SQL Server Driver Problem

> I'm just a little curious as to why you would want to get the native
> driver working bearing in mind that Microsoft stated direction with
> database connectivity is ODBC ... would it be for anticipated
> performance reasons or simply for technical reasons??

> Regards,

> Rob
> --
> Rob McGillivray
> Software Development Manager
> DataSoft - "Voted Top Development House in South Africa - 1994"
> ODBCExpress: the top ODBC data access tool for Delphi,
> http://www.odbcexpress.com

We all are looking for speed, speed, speed and not getting it!

Steve

"matto" <mol...@rbvdnr.com> wrote:
>I am attempting to connect to a MS SQL Server 6.5 database using the
>Sybase/MSSQL driver(SQLD_SSC.DLL).  It fails to load this driver every
>time.  SQLD_SSC.DLL seems to be looking for two other libraries -
>WCTLIB.DLL and WCSLIB.DLL and I don't have them anywhere.  Are
>these libraries necessary and if so, where can I find them?  I am
>currently using ODBC but would love to get the native driver working.
>Thanks.

I think you must install the client software that provides access to
the server.

I mean if you are using D2, you are to install the client part of MS
SQL 6.5 on your computer (its the same CD and the same setup program
than for the server part).

If you are using D1, I think you need the Client (release 4.2) for
Sybase (but I don't think you do, CTLib is for Sybase 10 and so D2)

Hope it will help you

Other Threads