Board index » delphi » EPS files and Delphi 3

EPS files and Delphi 3

I would like to display EPS files within a Delphi 3 application, the files
will contain embedded fonts and bitmap data.

Does anybody know of a component that will allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance..

--
Neville Mooney
n...@gentian.co.uk

 

Re:EPS files and Delphi 3


On Fri, 15 May 1998 15:52:30 +0100, "Neville Mooney"

Quote
<n...@gentian.co.uk> wrote:
>I would like to display EPS files within a Delphi 3 application, the files
>will contain embedded fonts and bitmap data.

If you just want to show the small TIFF preview image, it isn't
a big deal. I think it's a monochrome TIFF format.

But most people want to show the entire EPS image - this requires
a PostScript engine.  EPS is just a special form of PostScript.  This
is a programming language similar to Forth (Reverse Polish threaded
language).

There's a freeware program called GhostScipt that will show Postscript
files on Win95/NT.  You will not want to translate the source code
to Pascal, though.

GhostScipt(GS) also needs lots of fonts to be loaded on the computer.
I think the whole runtime package is around 10 megabytes.

You can use ShellExec to show an image via GS.

Good Luck

Re:EPS files and Delphi 3


Help may be on the horizon.  I am aware of a company that may be preparing a
DLL which would allow a called subroutine display of .ps, .eps, and/or .ai
files.  Would be good poop to put a custom TImage wrapper around.  I'll post
when I hear more about this project.

Quote
Eric W. Engler wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 1998 15:52:30 +0100, "Neville Mooney"
> <n...@gentian.co.uk> wrote:

> >I would like to display EPS files within a Delphi 3 application, the files
> >will contain embedded fonts and bitmap data.

> If you just want to show the small TIFF preview image, it isn't
> a big deal. I think it's a monochrome TIFF format.

> But most people want to show the entire EPS image - this requires
> a PostScript engine.  EPS is just a special form of PostScript.  This
> is a programming language similar to Forth (Reverse Polish threaded
> language).

> There's a freeware program called GhostScipt that will show Postscript
> files on Win95/NT.  You will not want to translate the source code
> to Pascal, though.

> GhostScipt(GS) also needs lots of fonts to be loaded on the computer.
> I think the whole runtime package is around 10 megabytes.

> You can use ShellExec to show an image via GS.

> Good Luck

--
Wayne Herbert
Manager, Computer Products
Key Maps, Inc.
1411 West Alabama
Houston, TX  77006

Vox:  713.522.7949
Fax:  713.521.3202
Email:  wherb...@rice.edu

"Why is it only drug dealers and software developers call their clients
'users'?"

Other Threads