Restart Computer in TPW 1.5?

Is there a way to restart the computer in TPW 1.5?

I doubt it's possible with Pascal code (not sure) but I know it's
definitely possible with Inline ASM.

Can anyone help?

~Andrew Bishop
~AKBis...@aol.com
~68k ASM programmer (still learning!)
~Pascal programmer

Re:Restart Computer in TPW 1.5?

In article <19970530162601.MAA18...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, AKBishop
<akbis...@aol.com> writes

>Is there a way to restart the computer in TPW 1.5?

>I doubt it's possible with Pascal code (not sure) but I know it's
>definitely possible with Inline ASM.

>Can anyone help?

Its certainly possible. Cannot current locate the code I have but will
look for it tonight (>1900 BST) if no-one has posted a reply before
then.
--
Pedt Scragg <postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk>

In principle,   is there uncertainty that
Heisenberg was working his best in chaos?

Re:Restart Computer in TPW 1.5?

In article <k+PV2HAgEnkzE...@pedt.demon.co.uk>, Pedt Scragg
<postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <19970530162601.MAA18...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, AKBishop
><akbis...@aol.com> writes
>>Is there a way to restart the computer in TPW 1.5?

>>I doubt it's possible with Pascal code (not sure) but I know it's
>>definitely possible with Inline ASM.

>>Can anyone help?

Further to previous reply:

You can reboot windows using the following program:

{$X+}
Program RebootWindows;

uses WinProcs, Win31;

begin
        ExitWindows(ew_RebootSystem, 0);
End.

Do not use int 19h to do it as you will lose all unsaved information &,
as some systems do not reset memory, you may not be able to boot until
you do a hard reset. Similarly if you jump straight into the BIOS code,
all unsaved information will be lost.

You can also reboot windows *without* rebooting the PC by changing the
ew_RebootSystem constant with ew_RestartWindows.

Hope this helps