Why wont my Popup Menus show hints?

Hi,

What is the trick to having a hint display when I have a popup menu active.
Each menu item has a hint property, but I can't for the life of me display a
hint for that menu item. The 'application.onshowhint' does not fire while a
menu is active, so I don't know why it doesn't work? The other hints (for
visible controls) work.

Also, is there a trick to forcing a hint? I've seen a program that sits in
the system tray, and when it does something, it 'hints' - like a brag, I was
just wondering how this app forces a hint - as the cursor is nowhere near
it.

BTW: Im using D3
Thanks for any help
Jon

Re:Why wont my Popup Menus show hints?

The OnShowHint only fires if the Application is about to show a hint
windows. The OnHint fires every time the cursor is moved to a new control
with a hint.

"Jon" <nospam....@acay.com.au> schreef in bericht

> Hi,

> What is the trick to having a hint display when I have a popup menu
active.
> Each menu item has a hint property, but I can't for the life of me display
> hint for that menu item. The 'application.onshowhint' does not fire while
> menu is active, so I don't know why it doesn't work? The other hints (for
> visible controls) work.

> Also, is there a trick to forcing a hint? I've seen a program that sits in
> the system tray, and when it does something, it 'hints' - like a brag, I
was
> just wondering how this app forces a hint - as the cursor is nowhere near
> it.

> BTW: Im using D3
> Thanks for any help
> Jon