Printing In quality Mode or draft mode?

Hi..

    Ok first i am using delphi 3, and quick reports....I have my
reports, and they work fine...they print out on dot-matrix printers
cause the client wants it that way, the problem is that when they print
out, they print out in quality Mode, and not draft mode, thus slowing
the
printer down ALOT, is there any soloution to this, i checked in delphi
HELP and couldn't find anything, i tried re-programming the printer
(lexmark 2380+) to no avail, i even changed the settings in the printer
driver, and still nothing.

if anyonecan help...it would be greatly appreciated....

I.S

Re:Printing In quality Mode or draft mode?

Hi..

    Ok first i am using delphi 3, and quick reports....I have my
reports, and they work fine...they print out on dot-matrix printers
cause the client wants it that way, the problem is that when they print
out, they print out in quality Mode, and not draft mode, thus slowing
the
printer down ALOT, is there any soloution to this, i checked in delphi
HELP and couldn't find anything, i tried re-programming the printer
(lexmark 2380+) to no avail, i even changed the settings in the printer
driver, and still nothing.

if anyonecan help...it would be greatly appreciated....

I.S

Re:Printing In quality Mode or draft mode?

Hi,

One thing you could do is change the settings in the
DevMode^.dmPrintQuality structure before calling the printing process.  For
example, if you wanted draft:

DevMode^.dmPrintQuality := DMRES_DRAFT

Look up DevMode in the WinAPI help file.

Jon.

Jon E. Scott wrote:
> Hi,

> One thing you could do is change the settings in the
> DevMode^.dmPrintQuality structure before calling the printing
> process.  For
> example, if you wanted draft:

> DevMode^.dmPrintQuality := DMRES_DRAFT

> Look up DevMode in the WinAPI help file.

> Jon.

Thanks Jon....i will give it a try....but i'm a little new to this...and
haven't useed windows API messages alot.
for ex: where can i find the winAPI help file, i don't want to sound
like a newbie...but i'm totally lost when it comes to winapi messages.

thanks alot

I.S

Other Threads