Creating a paradox table with default value in some fields

Is it possible to create a paradox table with default value in some fields
at run time? Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thank you.

Re:Creating a paradox table with default value in some fields

When you say "at run-time", do you mean when you append a new record? If so,
when you are creating a new table in either Paradox or Database Desktop,
there is a "Default value" edit box where you can type what you want as a
default value.

--

Alain Quesnel
[remove the brackets on each side of my address to reply]

Peter <pe...@conk.com> wrote in message

> Is it possible to create a paradox table with default value in some fields
> at run time? Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thank you.

Re:Creating a paradox table with default value in some fields

>Peter wrote:

>Is it possible to create a paradox table with default value in some >fields at run time? Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thank you.

TField.DefaultExpression
_________
Andreas

Re:Creating a paradox table with default value in some fields

If you are talking about default values at the table level,
from personal experience I'd like to suggest that you should
not ALSO make it a required field because the bde sometimes verifies
required before filling in the default value which makes the required
feature a problem at some points... cached updates for example.

Peter <pe...@conk.com> wrote in message

> Is it possible to create a paradox table with default value in some fields
> at run time? Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thank you.

Re:Creating a paradox table with default value in some fields

Hi, Peter.

If you want to make new table (or make new field on exist table) on run-time
(in code) you can make it. This is a not easy (user can't make this with one
script), you must use BDE API functions.
I make that: For add, alter or delete field I use SQL script. But when I
need to update dafault value or other attribute I use API function on BDE.

More information you can find on BDE32.HLP.

Regard.

ps. I'm sorry for my very bad English.
--
Petio Tonev