Printing from OLE Automation Object

[this is crossposted to .multi-tier, .oleautomation, repoting-charting]

I have problems printing from within an automation object (quickreports).

When running the automation object under 'interactive user' printing is ok.
When running under 'launching user' nothing prints. Running under a
specific user also doesn't work.

I *think* this has something to do with the 'default' printer not being
selected (there is only 1 printer defined on the system).

Has anyone got this kind of setup working?

Edwin van der Elst.

Re:Printing from OLE Automation Object

Hello,

By not printing, does that mean that you're sure that theres data coming in
the report but its just not coming out to the printer? You might want to
make sure that not running as Interactive User actually is fetching data
properly from the database. Also what happens if you pick "This User" and
type in the account of the currently logged in user (ie the Interactive
User)?

have fun,
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.
Edwin van der Elst wrote in message <01bdcf59$859dc430$2f0a080a@nl95l004>...

>[this is crossposted to .multi-tier, .oleautomation, repoting-charting]

>I have problems printing from within an automation object (quickreports).

>When running the automation object under 'interactive user' printing is ok.
>When running under 'launching user' nothing prints. Running under a
>specific user also doesn't work.

>I *think* this has something to do with the 'default' printer not being
>selected (there is only 1 printer defined on the system).

>Has anyone got this kind of setup working?

>Edwin van der Elst.

Re:Printing from OLE Automation Object

Yes, the report contains data.
I alsi tried printing a test page using TPrinter. This gives the same
results.

I noticed that the Printers stringlist is *empty* when the user that
connects to the appserver is located on another domain (with rights given
using a trust).

Edwin van der Elst.

bly <b...@castle.net> wrote in article <6rvhh0$i7...@forums.borland.com>...

> Hello,

> By not printing, does that mean that you're sure that theres data coming
in
> the report but its just not coming out to the printer? You might want to
> make sure that not running as Interactive User actually is fetching data
> properly from the database. Also what happens if you pick "This User" and
> type in the account of the currently logged in user (ie the Interactive
> User)?

> have fun,

I'm always trying to :-)
> --