Turbo Vision in protecded mode

Hi!

does any one know about problems geting TV to work in PM?
I have a program running fine on real mode, but when I build it in PM,
it get a run time error of 216 (pointer) in getting a pointer from an
iherited object of TCollection.

Ishay Sivan
is...@netvison.net.il

Re:Turbo Vision in protecded mode

Ishay Sivan wrote:

> Hi!

> does any one know about problems geting TV to work in PM?
> I have a program running fine on real mode, but when I build it in PM,
> it get a run time error of 216 (pointer) in getting a pointer from an
> iherited object of TCollection.

TV works fine in protected mode.  The problem may be that you have some glitch with
your pointers that you can get away with in real mode but not in protected mode.  You
could be trying to access an unitialized pointer or dereference a pointer that has
been disposed.  These are the most common reasons for runtime error 216 (general
protection fault).  You just have some debugging work ahead of you.

--
set...@ix.netcom.com (primary)     | We now return you to our regularly |

Re:Turbo Vision in protecded mode

Exactly! I use TV and BP In PMode all the time. In fact even if the
application is to be run in Real Mode ultimatly, I like to run it in PMode
for testing. It's a handy way to see if you have memory problems which
otherwise may not be obvious in Real mode.

Chris

Other Threads