Help me with using LookUpFields in DBGrid

I have 2 tables TicketClients.db and Clients.db, field NAME is same in
both and in TickeyClients.db is defined as lookup in Clients.db.
In component TField {NAME in TicketClients.db} I defined:
FieldKind:=fkLookUp
KeyFields:=NAME {TicketClients.db}
LookupDataset:=Table2 {Clients.db}
LookUPCache:=True;
LookUpKeyField:=NAME {Clients.db}
LookUpResultField:=NAME {Clients.db}
After that I start the form, but I can't edit anything in DBGrid field
NAME (there isn't drop down list)).

Help Me.

Philip

Re:Help me with using LookUpFields in DBGrid

Philip
I think you will have to create a new lookup field using the fields editor
of TTable to achieve what you are after.
Jim Cater, Auckland, NZ
Philip Kirev wrote in message <35DD368D.CF240...@fintech.bg>...
>I have 2 tables TicketClients.db and Clients.db, field NAME is same in
>both and in TickeyClients.db is defined as lookup in Clients.db.
>In component TField {NAME in TicketClients.db} I defined:
>FieldKind:=fkLookUp
>KeyFields:=NAME {TicketClients.db}
>LookupDataset:=Table2 {Clients.db}
>LookUPCache:=True;
>LookUpKeyField:=NAME {Clients.db}
>LookUpResultField:=NAME {Clients.db}
>After that I start the form, but I can't edit anything in DBGrid field
>NAME (there isn't drop down list)).

>Help Me.

>Philip

Other Threads