tsfaqp46.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

Sun 20-Dec-98: New material and corrections have again gradually
accumulated so it is a good time for the update

 158763 Dec 20 1998 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/ts/tsfaqp46.zip
 tsfaqp46.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

The package is available e.g. for linking without the version number
as ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip .

I have added the following new items to complete the sixth
25-question section file within the FAQ package
 148) I don't have the printer.tpu. Who can please email it to me?
 149) How can I convert Arabic numerals into Roman ones?
 150) Could someone please explain to me how I can rotate an image?
 151) Is there a frequency table for the different notes (C C# D...)?
+
Essentially rewrote, with much help from comp.lang.pascal.borland
the item
 9) How do I execute an MS-DOS command from within a TP program?
My thanks to all who greatly contributed to improve the answer.
+
Added a vector case along the matrix example to
 14) How can I create arrays that are larger than 64 kilobytes?
+
Augmented an answer to a variant question "How can I dump the screen
into a file?" into the item
 31) How does one store, and then restore the original screen?
+
Added the Val-option solution to the item
 42) How do I convert a decimal word into a hexadecimal string, etc?
+
Some users prefer to have all the FAQ files as a single, big file
for an easier browsing of keywords and alike. Included a simple
ALLFAQP.BAT batch which puts all the faqpas#.txt Questions & Answers
material into such a single file in the right order.
+
Removed all email addresses (expect mine) from the FAQ because of
the worsening spam, and because email addresses can get out of date.
The numerous names of the valued contributors naturally stay. It was
only the email addresses that went.
+
Oh yes, since it is almost the time when I write this. Merry
Christmas and A Happy New Year 1999 to all the Turbo Pascal
programming friends.

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html