UpDown Component with TDBEdit component

I am trying to associate an UpDown component with a TDBEdit data
control which is linked to a Paradox Numeric field but Delphi will not
allow the association. I also tried using a Paradox Text and it still
won't do it. Can anyone help.... Can you actually do this ? Is there a
work around ?

Re:UpDown Component with TDBEdit component

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997 19:48:01 GMT, ce...@ihug.co.nz (Cenon Del Rosario)
wrote:

>I am trying to associate an UpDown component with a TDBEdit data
>control which is linked to a Paradox Numeric field but Delphi will not
>allow the association. I also tried using a Paradox Text and it still
>won't do it. Can anyone help.... Can you actually do this ? Is there a
>work around ?

I assume you mean TDBEdit and TDBMemo.

The VCL has code in the SetAssociate method of TUpDown to specifically
prevent itself from being associated with TDBEdit and TDBMemo.
Creating descendants of TDBEdit and TDBMemo will not work since the
code traverses the inheritance tree.  I believe the problem relates to
problems updating the datalink of a DBcontrol would require a data
aware TUpDown control.

wrote:

>I am trying to associate an UpDown component with a TDBEdit data
>control which is linked to a Paradox Numeric field but Delphi will not
>allow the association. I also tried using a Paradox Text and it still
>won't do it. Can anyone help.... Can you actually do this ? Is there a
>work around ?

I assume you mean TDBEdit and TDBMemo.

The VCL has code in the SetAssociate method of TUpDown to specifically
prevent itself from being associated with TDBEdit and TDBMemo.
Creating descendants of TDBEdit and TDBMemo will not work since the
code traverses the inheritance tree.  I believe the problem relates to
problems updating the datalink of a DBcontrol would require a data
aware TUpDown control.

Other Threads