Filter Pdx tables Field Name with two words

Just this. I can't figure a way to set TTable.Filter property in a
field that has two words like for instance a field named "Parent
Name". How can i set the filter "Parent Name" = 'John'. I know there
should be a way, just can't figure out what it is.

I hope the only choice wouldn't have to go thru writing code in the
OnFilterRecord.

I know for a fact that D3 had a problem with two worded (?) field
names. I recall hading a problem when i tried to use the default value
property in fields like this. But i believe i had already used filters
in this kind of fields. Just can't remember where.

Thx, in advance
J.J.Cavalleri

PS: I'm using D5 now but i think that doesn't matter for this
question.

Re:Filter Pdx tables Field Name with two words

Put your field name inside brackets.  Example:

[Parent Name]='John'

Jon.

"J. J. Cavalleri" <tre...@subdimension.com> wrote in message

> Just this. I can't figure a way to set TTable.Filter property in a
> field that has two words like for instance a field named "Parent
> Name". How can i set the filter "Parent Name" = 'John'. I know there
> should be a way, just can't figure out what it is.

> I hope the only choice wouldn't have to go thru writing code in the
> OnFilterRecord.

> I know for a fact that D3 had a problem with two worded (?) field
> names. I recall hading a problem when i tried to use the default value
> property in fields like this. But i believe i had already used filters
> in this kind of fields. Just can't remember where.

> Thx, in advance
> J.J.Cavalleri

> PS: I'm using D5 now but i think that doesn't matter for this
> question.

Re:Filter Pdx tables Field Name with two words

[Parent Name] = 'John Smith'

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)