Disk path from alias name?

Is there a way to get the physical disk path of a Microsoft Access database
through an ODBC alias?  I'm using Session.GetAliasNames to populate a list
of alias names I'm working with.  If possible, I need to be able to get the
file name and path of the .mdb file the alias points to.  Thanks.

Regards,

Jon T. Camp
Applied Research Associates

Re:Disk path from alias name?

There is no 'PATH' setting returned.  Thanks anyway.

Jon

Re:Disk path from alias name?

You have to work with Windows Registry. Read the value of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\OBC\ODBC.INI\<DSNNAME>\DBQ

"Jon T. Camp" <jc...@ara.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Is there a way to get the physical disk path of a Microsoft Access
database
> through an ODBC alias?  I'm using Session.GetAliasNames to populate a list
> of alias names I'm working with.  If possible, I need to be able to get
the
> file name and path of the .mdb file the alias points to.  Thanks.

> Regards,

> Jon T. Camp
> Applied Research Associates

Other Threads